Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Ext Mgr or am I the problem

Ext Mgr or am I the problem
Forum Regular
Aug 23, 2001, 12:41 AM

Do I have a wierd problem or is it just me.......My computor & extension mgr is functioning to the best of my knowledge....

I started up the computor from the OS CD 8.6 using the letter "C". Everythng is ok so far...I did two or three things and the next procedure has me confused..

I navigated to the Extension Mgr and double click the icon (I also tried menu bar to open ext mgr also)....

I get the following dialog box........You must be using system 8.0 or later to use this version of Extension Manager

Ext mgr will not open !!!!!!!! I am running OS 8.6, get info reads as follows....installed by Mac os 8.5 & indicates that it is v4.0.4......

As I have stated in the first line of this post, the computor and ext mgr are working as they should when the inernal HD is the startup device.......

Is it because I can not use the ext mgr from the internal hard drive when ever a computor is running from a OS CD ?????
bigbiker

Forum Regular
Aug 23, 2001, 01:10 AM

You can't use Extensions Manager when starting up from a CD.

(74)

Forum Regular
Aug 23, 2001, 01:59 AM

Originally posted by AppleScript:
<STRONG>You can't use Extensions Manager when starting up from a CD.

(74)</STRONG>
Thanks AppleScript, I guess when I did use ext mgr in the past four years installing OS upgrades/updates, the internal hd was the startup volume......Thats what happens to the mind when a person nears 75 years of age........
bigbiker

Forum Links
Forum Rules