Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Every time I DL the 9.2 install file, it is corrupted

Every time I DL the 9.2 install file, it is corrupted
Senior User
Aug 23, 2001, 09:57 PM

Ive done this a few times now. The file seems to come down OK, but when it un stuffs, it gives me an error. The smi looks fine and a disk image mounts. When I run the Install program, it gets about 80% done and then says something like 'Tasty Morsals Damages' WTF!?

Is there another way to get this file?

Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 24, 2001, 07:09 AM

I had similar problems. I download it from version tracker, as soon as it made it to my desktop, my "Classic" finder quit on me! it rendered my OS 9 unusable and unbootable! I ended up restarting with my os 9 cd, throwing it into the trash, restarting up as normal, then burned it on to a cd. I then upgraded from the burned copy and everything went fine from there (other than OS 9.2.1 kinda sucking!).
On my iBook, I use OS 9.2.1 (no OS X yet on it). when ever I disconnect from the internet using the control strip, my iBook freezes! Everytime I close dreamweaver ultradev I get an "error type 7." And, entourage seems to crash now and again. Also IE 5 has been having problems since the upgrade (down grade?). Not sure if it's worth it for OS 9 users. It works great under OS X. I don't have those problems under OS X for some reason...
My pants are fancier than yours!

Forum Links
Forum Rules