Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > 9.2.1 and EnergySaver

9.2.1 and EnergySaver
Forum Regular
Aug 25, 2001, 12:37 AM

Hello Hello,
I have notice that my iMac 500, since installing 9.2.1, won't go to sleep. I have checked in the preferences that it would sleep when pushing Shutdown button.
I received, when trying to do it, the following note:
"Your computer can't sleep because some system software is missing. Reinstall the software that came with your computer"
What does it mean?
What should I do?
Another strange phenomena:
The OpenTransport extension now loads after rebooting first before the Virex something I didn't have in 9.1.
Any suggestions
Thanks

Mac Enthusiast
Aug 26, 2001, 05:28 AM

The opentransport is loading before my Norton AV too.
Maybe it is a good thing????
You can try to delete the energysaving preferences and look what happens after a restart.I know mine imac didn't wakeup.and that had something to do with energysaving.
(look in the macfixit forum,there are a few threads there about this problem)
MOSTLY HARMLESS

http://www.macfreak.nl

raygol  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 26, 2001, 03:06 PM

From what i understood, the OT first loaded is a good thing, and intentionally done by Apple.
My problem is the EnergySaver.
I have downgraded to the version of 9.1 and trashed the preferences. It did fix the problem.
I need help.

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 26, 2001, 04:32 PM

raygol

I've had exactly the same problem and received the same Apple message on my iMac DV 400 since upgrading to Mac OS 9.2.1 from 9.1. My main goal is Screen Blanking after 5 minutes of inactivity -- which no longer works.

I tried trashing the Energy Saver Prefs and even reinstalled 9.2.1. Other than this little problem, Mac OS 9.2.1 seems to be working well for me.

Locomotive

iMac DV 400 Grape
192 MB RAM
Mac OS 9.2.1

Forum Links
Forum Rules