Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > DVDRuntimeLib? Problem

DVDRuntimeLib? Problem
Dec 6, 1999, 12:33 AM

I just installed OS9 on my iMac DVSE. When I try to play a DVD I get an error The application "Apple DVD Player" could not be opened because "DVDRuntimeLib" could not be found. Where should it be and how do I reinstall it?
Thanks
Thanks in advance.

Dec 6, 1999, 12:51 PM

It needs to be in the Apple DVD Player folder. I am assuming that if you do a custom install off the Mac OS 9 CD, of just the Apple DVD Player software, it will work. You might not have to do a custom install, because in the CD Extras Folder or Software Intallers on the OS 9 CD may contain the Apple DVD Player intaller. Just look on the OS 9 CD to see what you come up with and do an install. Hope that helps and isn't to confusing. Good luck.

Dec 6, 1999, 01:37 PM

It's not in any of the CD extras or software installers, you're just going to have to do a custom install of the OS with only the DVD option enabled.
I like systems, their application excepted. (George Sand, translated from French), "J'aime les systèmes, leur application exceptée."

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 6, 1999, 02:00 PM

I was getting the same message on my G4/400.

You need to use the DVD software from 8.6 to make it work. You should copy the three DVD extensions from the 8.6 installer CD (they should be in the extensions folder in the system folder) and use those to replace the ones in Mac OS 9, then copy the Apple DVD player as well. Everything should work then, it did for me.

losta  (op)
Dec 6, 1999, 02:01 PM

I did the OS9 reinstall and only checked dvd player. Now I get this error:
"DVDRuntimeLib--Getbounds__7CGWorldFv" could not be found. What's up with OS9? I find it a real pain. I'm thinking of going back to 8.6.

I just noticed rezEdit's reply after I posted this, I'll try the OS 8.6 option. Thanks

[This message has been edited by losta (edited 12-06-1999).]
Thanks in advance.

losta  (op)
Dec 6, 1999, 02:15 PM

I have an iMac DVSE. Instead of a OS 8.6 CD it has iMac Software install and iMac Software Restore disks. I looked in the extensions folder of both but found no DVD software. Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance.

foredog
Dec 6, 1999, 02:28 PM

There's an Apple TIL article on this. Search for "DVD AND DVDRunTimeLib" Basically you have to copy the DVDPlayer and associated files from your 8.6 install CD. The one on the OS9 CD is damaged in some fashion.

EricSan
Dec 6, 1999, 02:31 PM

This problem is documented in a tech note on Apple's web site, at the following URL:
http://til.info.apple.com/techinfo.nsf/artnum/n60641

foredog
Dec 6, 1999, 02:47 PM

Inside the "Configurations" folder of your software restore disk is either the "Power Mac G4 HD.img" or "iMac HD.img" file. Mount it and you can then copy the files "DVD Navigation Manager" "DVD Region Manager" "DVDRunTimeLib" from the mounted system:extensions folder to your working system folder. You then copy the DVD Player from the mounted applications folder to your working applications folder. Reboot. Have fun.

Forum Links
Forum Rules