Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Freezing when using MacCast Lite Streaming Feature

Freezing when using MacCast Lite Streaming Feature
Dec 8, 1999, 11:23 AM

Anybody else out there using MacCast Lite 2.0's shoutcast streaming connection feature?

Since I began using this, my Mac has begun to freeze up several times a day. I was "crash free" before using the streaming features of MacCast Lite 2.0. It always happens when I am connected to an MP3 shoutcast site and I launch a new application.

I don't crash at all when using it just as a CD or MP3 player.

System: Beige G3 333
Mac OS 9
Multiple Users
Minimal 3rd party extensions/control panels (MS Office, Lotus Notes, Virex)

Any info is appreciated!

Esqandar
Dec 9, 1999, 02:07 PM

I haven't had any touble so far from using shoutcast/icecast. I'm using OS 8.6 on an iMac 233 (rev A). I have noticed a weird thing, however. Songs in the playlist occasionally repeat themselves. Maybe it just wants to make sure I heard the song, so it plays it back again

Forum Links
Forum Rules