Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > iDisk Question...

iDisk Question...
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 13, 2001, 04:51 AM

I am sure the solution to this is fairly elementary, but I have yet to locate it...

....I recently restored my iMac, and am apparently unable to access my iDisk with the components of the new System Folder.

How do I reinstall or re-access my iDisk? Reinstalling from the "toolbox" application results in an error. Do I have to reactivate the old Preferences?

Thanks for any info...

Darren

Mac Elite
Jan 14, 2001, 03:31 PM

to access your iDisk, all you neeed is TCP/IP working with your internet connection and Appletalk on. Go into the Chooser and select AppleShare. the click the "Server IP address.." button, and in the box that comes up, enter "idisk.mac.com" then enter your user ID and pw. you can click the box "Add to keychain?", and then you won't need to enter your UID/pw every time. once your disk has loaded, you can make an alias of it on your HD, and then every time you want to access your iDisk all you have to do is open the alias in the Finder and it will connect for you. if you want it to load at every startup, then you can check the box next to your iDisk's name in the list that comes up immediately after you enter your UID/pw in the Chooser.

Edit: cool, thanks mike. hadn't known that. (never tried, ya know, just assumed)

------------------
be happy!
-mac freak

[This message has been edited by elzinat (edited 01-15-2001).]

Mac Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2001, 07:29 PM

elzinat, excellent steps except one thing, you don't need appletalk on to load your idisk via the choser. Just thought I'd let ya know

------------------
The Mac Information Depot. Why go anywhere else?
Giantmike's Website - Version 5.0

Orpheus  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 15, 2001, 01:40 PM

Thanks, guys. I was not aware of these time-saving steps!

I am a bit surprised that re-establishing the connection to my iDisk is so (relatively, by Mac standards) involved, but hey - if it works, no complaints here!

Darren

Forum Links
Forum Rules