Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Mac OS 9.1 and 1010 errors?

Mac OS 9.1 and 1010 errors?
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 13, 2001, 07:52 AM
Hi, everyone. My computer was running perfect when I just had 9.0.4. Ever since this update, I have had so many problems. Let me list them out and maybe you guys can help me.

Alright, When I ran Entourage, Word, Excel, or Powerpoint (2001) the program would start to load then crash of an error of 1010 (bad library). With Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, if I ran the program again it would still come up as 1010. If I ran Entourage again, I'd get the error of 1. That seems a bit odd to me.

My system also doesn't seem to like installers. If I try to run the OS 9.1 update program again, I get either an error of 2, 1 or 1010 again. This goes with any installer. I was trying to install the new VISE 7.1.1 InstallerMaker thing. That also crashed of an error of 1010.

Now, basically this is a library problem but I can't seem to figure out which library file is doing this. For the record, I have an iMac DV Tangerine 400 MHz. Now, I don't have Object Support Library. If you have any suggestions to which library file it could be, please post a reply.

Thanks so much!
Brandon :Confused:
Forum Links
Forum Rules