Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > OS 9 and enhanced CD's?

OS 9 and enhanced CD's?
Sep 16, 2000, 12:58 AM

Ever since I've upgraded to OS 9, I've noticed that parts of my enhanced audio CDs don't work properly. Specifically, the section that highlights lyrics while the song is being played.

The ECDs I've got (1 Melissa Etheridge, another Sarah McLachlan) were authored using the same tools.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had some problems with ECDs in OS 9...

Clinically Insane
Sep 16, 2000, 02:17 AM

I've got Foo's, Nothing Left To Lose, its an ECD, no probs at all...
That I've noticed anyway... I think it was done with Macromedia something or other...
I'll check later for ya.

Cipher13

Addicted to MacNN
Sep 17, 2000, 02:23 AM

Hi,

I noticed that the AVCD format is not work on the Mac either. [**According to RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America), AVCDs are compatible with both audio CD players and properly configured computer multimedia ROMs, and can include video clips, still pictures, interviews, discographies, lyrics and other information, in addition to the recorded music.] Well, it includes video track before the audio tracks for short and my Mac thinks it is a data CD, so it is no goal for either viewing video and audio tracks. ANy suggestion.

------------------
"With technology in all corners, learning to unplug can be particularly difficult."

Forum Links
Forum Rules