Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > iTools HELP!!!!!

iTools HELP!!!!!
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 15, 2001, 10:57 PM

Hey. I need help on this, it's very annoying. Well, i copied the folder "Public" from my iDisk onto my hard drive to get all the files in it. After i did, i decide to trash the folder witht eh things in it. the files were trashed, but the folder was still there! The Public folder is locked so i can't trash it. i can't unlock it. i even went to resedit to try to modify it but it won't let me..... How coudl i trash that folder???? Or unlock it????? it's getting annoyin!!!! Anyone please help!!!!!!

I put a V-TECH sticker on my iMac DV 400 and i'm burnin' Geo Metro's left and right.

Mac Elite
Jan 15, 2001, 11:41 PM

ResEdit is the complicated way to unlock a file. here's the simple way to do it in 3 steps

1. select the folder
2. go to File:Get info
3. uncheck "Locked"
4. there is no step 4

------------------
Get busy living or get busy dying
--Stephen King

Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 16, 2001, 01:03 AM

There isn't no unlock box...

I put a V-TECH sticker on my iMac DV 400 and i'm burnin' Geo Metro's left and right.

Jan 16, 2001, 01:51 AM

Have you tried holding down option while emptying the trash that will erase a locked item. It seems to take two empties to get it to erase, so try that.

Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 16, 2001, 07:03 PM

Hey, that worked! Thanks alot! I won't copy any folder from ym itols foler ever again..... thanks MacWrite and skeedog....... appreciate it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules