Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Cure for Memory Fragmentation

Cure for Memory Fragmentation
Banned
Sep 17, 2000, 09:29 PM

I think I have found a method of reclaming all that RAM in Mac OS 9. It's quite simple, when you have fragmented RAM, just log out of the finder. Then log back into your account, and TA DA! Check back in the "About This Computer" and you'll notice that most of your RAM has been reclaimed. Now I have found this method to work about 7 out of 10 times. Then again, nothing beats a good ole restart.

------------------
Paranoia-
You only have to be right once to make it all worthwhile

-Unknown

Professional Poster
Sep 17, 2000, 11:35 PM

that technique is about as old as i am... but nice try...

ever hear of freewares 'Finder's Friend', 'Finder Quitter', (and 'MacOS Purge'), etcetera etcetera etcetera...

now, if you want some real info: http://til.info.apple.com/techinfo.nsf/artnum/n19484

Forum Links
Forum Rules