Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > English International GameSprockets screwed

English International GameSprockets screwed
Mac Elite
Sep 26, 2000, 07:03 AM

When the English International version of game sprokets finally became available the other day I downloaded and attempted to install them into my OS - guess what? I got the friggin message that the extension was a US extension and wouldn't load into my non-US OS. WTF do Apple think they're doing?

this sig intentionally left blank

Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2000, 10:26 AM

Several readers noted that Apple's recent release of the English-International version of GameSprockets 1.7.5 was in error (noted here last Friday), as it actually linked to the English-North American version. (The software page is no longer available from Apple.)

Clinically Insane
Sep 26, 2000, 11:27 PM

I just installed the US version - did you try that? Most of my system is the US components, for convenience sake...

Cipher13

Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2000, 07:46 AM

No, my system is the English international - I like my "s"'s and my "ou"'s and so the new download refuses to load.

Maybe we should convince Steve to move Apple to Sydney?

Mac Elite
Oct 13, 2000, 07:37 AM

It seems Apple have totally removed the English International Gamesprocket update - I suppose I can't complain about it not loading again can I?

Forum Links
Forum Rules