Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > CD Info not displayed

CD Info not displayed
jimmy_lucas
Oct 2, 2000, 10:15 PM

All my CD's are index with CDDB and are stored in the apple CD Database. In programs ths information is displayed however ever since I got OS 9.0.4 the CD when mounted just displays AUDIO CD 1 and the trackes inside not the correct tracks that are included in the database.

Has anyone else had this problem or a remedy for it?

Professional Poster
Oct 3, 2000, 10:18 AM

that info is stored in a file named 'CD Remote Programs', you have likely either deleted it or have it in the wrong place, it belongs in the Preferences folder

jimmy_lucas
Oct 4, 2000, 02:21 AM

The file 'CD Remote Programs' is in the right place as every application that uses it can get all of the data (All audio programs displays the CD correctly) It is the finder that is not reading this data when the CD is mounted

ckd
Oct 4, 2000, 05:48 PM

I don't think the Finder normally displays track information. SoundJam comes with an extension that does, though.

Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2000, 08:24 PM

And on a related note, I've noticed that my copy of the CSM CDStrip (Apple OEM...) has stopped displaying titles out of the CDDB. AppleCD Audio Player still lists them fine.

Odd.

Toby Rush
Oct 4, 2000, 10:34 PM

In addition to the SoundJam extension, there is also a great little freeware solution by Voncheesebiscuit Software called "Audio CD Labeller" available at the following URL:
http://www.voncheesebiscuit.com/html....products.html

Also, the problem with not seeing titles in the Apple CD Control Strip is usually caused by the presence of a file named "CD Remote Preferences" (or something close, but not "CD Remote Programs") in the Preferences folder. This is the prefs file for the now-defunct CD Remote application, and for some reason the Control Strip uses that as its database if it is present. If it is removed from the preferences folder, the control strip should work correctly.

-Toby <trush@arts.unco.edu>

Forum Links
Forum Rules