Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Launcher extends below bottom of screen

Launcher extends below bottom of screen
emlowell
Oct 6, 2000, 11:43 AM

I know the fix for this is to custom reinstall the Launcher from your Mac OS install disc but what do I do if I only have a download of Mac OS 8.6 and not a CD?

Art D
Oct 6, 2000, 12:15 PM

emlowell,

Try trashing the Finder Preferences (Inside the Preferences Folder in the System Folder). You won't be able to empty the trash until you restart the computer, at which time a new Finder Preferences will be created.

Art

emlowell
Oct 6, 2000, 12:25 PM

Thank you, I'll try this. I was wondering, though, why couldn't I just (or also) trash the Launcher Preferences?

Originally posted by Art D:
emlowell,

Try trashing the Finder Preferences (Inside the Preferences Folder in the System Folder). You won't be able to empty the trash until you restart the computer, at which time a new Finder Preferences will be created.

Art

Clinically Insane
Oct 8, 2000, 04:53 AM

No reason. Do it.
A sure-fire way to stop it happening is to lock the Launcher itself and its prefs...
Works every time.
BTW, this isn't really a Launcher problem... I've had it happen to Hotline client too... after messing around with it in ResEdit.
That leads me to believe its a general prob triggered by whatever...

Cipher13

Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2000, 08:13 AM

I have had this problem a lot of times. I usually just trash the Launcher, Launcher Items folder, and it's prefs. Then I reinstall it from the Sys disk.

Forum Links
Forum Rules