Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Built-In Firewall for OS 10?

Built-In Firewall for OS 10?
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 1, 2002, 03:13 PM

I was watching The Screen Savers (Tech TV) one night and Leo mentioned that OS 10 had a built-in firewall (thereby eliminating the need for Norton or something after-market). He mentioned that it was not easy to configure and that they would have a segment on it in an upcoming show. Well, I watched the night it was supposed to air and they did not cover the topic. I have checked several MAC OS X books and none of them mention it. A few questions:

1.) Did they actually ever do a segment on The Screen Savers? If so, could you provide a link to the story on their website?

2.) Does anyone know anything about this?

3.) Has anyone seen anything about this in a MAC OS X reference book?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Rob
I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.....lloyd dobler

Rex
Forum Regular
Mar 1, 2002, 03:36 PM

Well, I can answer part of the question but raise another: the built-in firewall works by default and can be additionally configured if needed through some shareware applications like Firewalk (v. 2.0 just released). I never use that and I installed Norton PF anyway, since I had it. What I would like to know is whether and how the 2 apps work together. Anyone?

Forum Links
Forum Rules