Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Pismo/9.1 or 9.2 CD?

Pismo/9.1 or 9.2 CD?
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 4, 2002, 05:37 AM

I have a G3 PowerBook Pismo/OS9.1/400 MHz/128 MB/6G. I want to install OS 9.2.2, or the latest OS 9.2 update, on my Pismo. I prefer to obtain a CD version of the latest update of OS 9.2 that is available, rather than download the latest OS 9.2 update from the Apple Download site. This is because I want to have the CD for troubleshooting purposes (i.e., start up from CD by holding down the C key, running Disk First Aid for OS 9.2.2, reinstalling/deinstalling System Software, etc.). I know that I must have 9.1.1 installed before I download 9.2.2. Must I use a particular update of 9.2 on my Pismo; that is, can I use 9.2.2, or must I remain with 9.2.1, or 9.2, or 9.1?

I read somewhere that Apple had 9.2 available on CD for shipping costs (+/- $19.95), but I cannot find any reference to purchasing a CD for OS 9.2 or a later update anywhere on the Apple web site. Thanks.

Clinically Insane
Mar 4, 2002, 07:32 AM

You can use 9.22, but I wouldn't recommend it.

You're MUCH better off with 9.1.

I won't explain myself again, I've said it countless times.

Do you run OSX?

Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2002, 09:08 AM

don't know about ordering.
running 9.2.2 on my pismo5, and it's fine.
just do fresh installs...

best of luck.
pcat.
"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."
-Robert A. Heinlein, Job

Forum Links
Forum Rules