Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > USB Printer Sharing.

USB Printer Sharing.
Mac Elite
Sep 16, 2001, 01:44 AM

I have an iMac 333 hooked up to an Epson Color Stylus 860 and I have USB Printer Sharing set up so I can print to the Epson from my iBook over my local wireless LAN. Only thing is, the iBook will recognize the Epson over the USB Printer Sharing but where I'm supposed to see it in the Chooser or something I can't seem to get it there.

I have it selected and checked in the USB PS Control Panel but it won't show up in the Chooser.... Can you help? Got any suggestions or fixes??

Mac Guru
"The young people of America need be taught that the only pride they may properly hold is in the content of their character, and the achievements they make. There is no legitimate pride or moral credit to be gained by virtue of sharing the same race with a great and admirable individual. "

My Website

Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 16, 2001, 09:59 PM

Did you install the Epson driver on the iBook? You need the driver installed locally for USB printer sharing to work.
Happy owner of a new 15" Al PB.

Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 17, 2001, 10:18 PM

Yes, as neutrino said, install the printer drivers as if you were going to connect the printer to the iBook instead. Then the icon should show up in the chooser just like normal. Basically the mac will think that the printer is connected to the computer, so you have to install the drivers like you normally would.

Mac Elite
Sep 17, 2001, 11:53 PM

Thanks! All is well

Mac Guru
"The young people of America need be taught that the only pride they may properly hold is in the content of their character, and the achievements they make. There is no legitimate pride or moral credit to be gained by virtue of sharing the same race with a great and admirable individual. "

My Website

Forum Links
Forum Rules