Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Rewritable CDs and UDF support in OS9

Rewritable CDs and UDF support in OS9
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 23, 2000, 08:31 PM
Ok, here's a wierd one for you.

I launched Toast 4 and proceeded to erase a Rewritable CD. I got an ATAPI timeout error and the disc did not finish formatting. I quit out of toast and then popped the Cd out and the back in and the MacOS 9 opped a promp up that said "The Disk is unreadble by Macintosh. Do you wish to format it?" and my formatting choices were Mac Standard, Mac Extended. UDF, and PC-DOS, each having the size of a UDF disk (578 MB, I believe). When I chose to format it, it told me the disc was locked.

I am using Apple's CD/DVD driver, since the Toast CD Reader does not work with MacOS 9.

Does MacOS9 support DirectCD like functionality internally? If so, how the heck do I activate it. I buy DirectCD, but DirectCD for Mac only works on SCSI devices.
Andy Pastuszak
Forum Links
Forum Rules