Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Mac OS 9.1

Mac OS 9.1
Mac Elite
Jan 17, 2001, 10:19 PM

I have heard many people are having problems with 9.1. How is working for you? Is it better than previous systems? And the most important thing, does it use more RAM than 9.04?

Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 18, 2001, 01:40 AM

Runs just super. Pretty darn stable. My daily random crashes now seem to be just every other day or two. Uses a couple more megs of RAM than 9.04.

Phaedrus
Jan 18, 2001, 03:28 AM

Works like a charm! I had to zap my pRAM to fix a problem with audio output levels, but I don't think this really constitutes a bug (and 9.1 may not even have been the cause of the problem).

I upgraded from 9.0.4 to 9.1 on a PM G4, 384MB RAM. OS 9.1 is significantly faster and it is ROCK solid. It's crashed only once over the course of a week, while 9.0.4 crashed every day or so. As usual, 9.1 crashed while I was using the network browser and dialing in via ppp with tcp/ip.

9.1 gives me a slight fps boost in Open GL games...nothing extraordinary but I'm an eye-candy slut so I'll take whatever I can get.

Senior User
Jan 18, 2001, 07:21 AM

9.1 is running beautifully for me.
A lot less crashes. In fact only a couple when i was reinstalling some drivers and such. but it's great now.

uses about the same memory as 9.0.4

definately worth the upgrade.

Addicted to MacNN
Jan 18, 2001, 09:35 AM

Workin Great here too. Much more stable and seems faster than 9.0.4 I think it is worth the upgrade as well
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 18, 2001, 11:45 PM

Ditto. Fast. Stable. Uses about the same RAM. They perfect Classic just in time for the transition to OSX!
Don

Forum Links
Forum Rules