Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Mouse-related pause/stall

Mouse-related pause/stall
Forum Regular
Oct 22, 2000, 09:11 AM
Running 8.6 on an iMac DV SE w/128Mb

I running up against a stall that I presume is a result of an extension/control panel clash. It's probably happening in every piece of software I use, but it's most pronounced in Windows Media Player (I know), 4x4 beta, Pod Racer, and Baldur's Gate. It also seems to happen intermittently in IE5.

What happens is, the program I'm running ceases to do anything on screen, though background sounds continue, for between two and five seconds. The app then catches up with itself.

I can stop the stall simply by moving the mouse -- this seems to force the app to catch up.

This is obviously most annoying in games, since I'm skipping frames all over the place and seeing my character "jump" places. If I try to use the race replay function in 4x4, the result is unwatchable unless I constantly move the mouse!

All suggested remedies gratefully received. Thanks.
He that will eat the kernel must crack the nut.
Forum Links
Forum Rules