Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Printing problems/'software needs updating' message

Printing problems/'software needs updating' message
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 27, 2000, 03:07 PM
I recently installed OS9 on my sisters 8500 (with G3/400ug) and gave her my old Colour Stylewriter 2500. I noticed when installing that OS9 already had a sw2500 driver. However, my sister now reports that whenever she tries to rpint from any app she gets a message saying that 'this software needs updating to take advantage of the Mac OS file system' or something similar, the app quits and nothing prints.

Does the printer driver need re-installing, and if so, should I use the one on the OS9 CD or the original Stylewriter floppies? Or is it something more serious?
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 28, 2000, 11:12 AM
I would reinstall the driver, from the OS 9 CD, because the driver obviously needed updating to run on that system.
Mac Elite
Oct 28, 2000, 02:38 PM
Did you update from OS 9 to OS 9.0.4 ? Perhaps that would solve the porblem.

"There is no spoon."
Forum Links
Forum Rules