Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Os9/G4 chooser problem

Os9/G4 chooser problem
Forum Regular
Feb 24, 2000, 02:32 AM

I have a G4/450 running Os9 and have recently stripped i down and did a complete reinstall of all software including the system. I now find that I cannot select page setup and I have to keep going back to re select my HP 970cse in the chooser. This does not even work all the time on the first try. Any ideas. The computer is running great otherwise.

Ben Reilly
Feb 24, 2000, 11:11 AM

I get this problem on my Rev. B iMac running MacOS 9 with my Epson 740. The problem crops up when I unplug the printer to use my scanner. The problem on the G4 could be connected to the Dual USB busses, and totally unrelated to the system reinstall.

datapusher
Feb 24, 2000, 02:45 PM

the driver for the HP 970 series is not compatible with OS9. The website says that they are working on an update... but it has said that for 5 months now....

datapusher
Feb 24, 2000, 02:46 PM

I should clarify... the USB driver, not the serial driver...

Thomas
Feb 24, 2000, 03:37 PM

HP 970 Series update is out. Find it at APPLE, Macupdate and Version Tracker. Works fine on iMac DV SE. Good Luck.

sclucas
Feb 24, 2000, 04:01 PM

I'm getting an Unknown Desktop Printer Error "-199", and can't use Adobe PS. Does anyone know what these problems are?

sclucas@mail.com

ghflhri97
Feb 24, 2000, 04:05 PM

The 2.0a update still has problems with OS9.
No word from HP or Apple on when a reliable driver will be available. I regret my purchase of this printer. It's a great printer except it isn't compatible with my G3 bronze PB using OS9. HP....Apple...Help?

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 24, 2000, 07:19 PM

I've been using my HP 970 with driver 2.0a on My G4 and Bronze Powerbook.(I have a usb switch) Early on I had to reinstall the software when it couldn't find the printer. Works fine now though.

Forum Links
Forum Rules