Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Sound Manager 3.6.2 updater

Sound Manager 3.6.2 updater
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 26, 2000, 08:56 PM

Anyone know where I can get this updater outside of running System Updater 1.1.1 which simply does not work. Haven't seen a resolution to this on the forum. I installed my updater 1.1.1 with all extensions off and rebooted. All updates stop towards the end of the download without updating the computer including the Sound Manager update which I need. What a nightmare! Help!

Stan

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 26, 2000, 10:25 PM

This is covered in a number of other threads...use the search tool.

That said, boot with Mac OS All extensions set and then run the Software Update Control Panel.

Scott

PS - unless you Mac needs this update, it won't show up.

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 27, 2000, 10:38 AM

Thanks for your help. I rebooted with only Mac extensions on. Software updater said I needed Audio updater 1.3 even though I had installed it last week. It also said I need Stuffit 5.5 which I already have. I guess with only Mac extensions on it can't see that you already have a program which is non-mac. I downloaded the Audio updater just for heck of it and it installed just fine and I rebooted. After reboot I ran the updater again and it said I still needed to install the Audio updater. I then turned on my complete set of extension and rebooted. Then I ran the updater again. I finally recognized that I didn't need the Audio Updater. I still say Software Update is a great idea but needs some work.

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 27, 2000, 11:44 AM

Yeah, it ain't perfect yet, but once you get the hang of working-around it's limits, it's OK.

Scott

Forum Links
Forum Rules