Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Clarisworks crashes - error type 2

Clarisworks crashes - error type 2
eamstutz
Mar 5, 2000, 09:07 AM

Ever since installing OS 9 my Clarisworks v5.04 will randomly crash giving a type 2 error. This never happened on my system with OS 8.6. Having given CW lots of memory, reinstalling, and all the updates I can find, it stills occurs frequently losing all work that is not saved. Any suggestions or good programs that autosave what you are working on ?
I was going to update to CW 6 for it's autosave(-wonder why they decided to add this) hoping it would solve the problem but see many bad reports of CW6 so far.

Forum Regular
Mar 6, 2000, 07:37 PM

I had similar problems. Particularly with the database module. Awks 5 corrupted my data twice before I moved it to FileMaker.

Now I have Awks 6 and things are even worse, as you suggested. Definitely not ready for prime time.

Anywone who has an old Awks w Datavis file translators should hold on to it. Make sure to get all the user input before upgrading.
iMac 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo 6GB, OS 10.6.8
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Core i7 8GB. OS 10.6.8
iPhone 3GS 32GB, OS 5 / TiBook / Newton (2)

lenh
Mar 6, 2000, 09:10 PM

If you are using or have used publish and subscribe that could be the reason. I started to have problems with Appleworks 5 under OS 8.6 and it got totally worse with OS9. Then I went work to find out what was going on. To test this out you will find that documents that use publish and subscribe will sometime or always crash (type 2 error), but docs that don't contain it will never crash.

Forum Links
Forum Rules