Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > How do I get "hidden" video resolutions?

How do I get "hidden" video resolutions?
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 20, 2001, 02:47 PM

I use a VGA to RGBHV converter and therefore the Mac shows that I am attached to a "VGA" monitor and provides a somewhat limited number of resolutions under all or recommended in the monitor control panel...How do I get other resolutions that I know are supported by the video card to show up or how can I tweak the machine into putting out another resolution not shown?

Mac Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2001, 07:13 PM

Originally posted by jeffsollie:
<STRONG>I use a VGA to RGBHV converter and therefore the Mac shows that I am attached to a "VGA" monitor and provides a somewhat limited number of resolutions under all or recommended in the monitor control panel...How do I get other resolutions that I know are supported by the video card to show up or how can I tweak the machine into putting out another resolution not shown?</STRONG>
i'm pretty sure that switchres will solve your problem.

Clinically Insane
Oct 21, 2001, 02:43 AM

<STRONG>I use a VGA to RGBHV converter and therefore the Mac shows that I am attached to a "VGA" monitor and provides a somewhat limited number of resolutions under all or recommended in the monitor control panel...How do I get other resolutions that I know are supported by the video card to show up or how can I tweak the machine into putting out another resolution not shown?</STRONG>
Hold control then click the Monitor Res control strip module, in the Control Strip.

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 21, 2001, 03:53 AM

For OS 10 as well? Will Switchres and/or the "control" key allow me to see all resolutions regardless what is attached under OS 10.1 as well?

Clinically Insane
Oct 21, 2001, 06:47 AM

<STRONG>For OS 10 as well? Will Switchres and/or the "control" key allow me to see all resolutions regardless what is attached under OS 10.1 as well?</STRONG>
Eh, dunno 'bout OSX... but why would they change something that works and everyone knows? Oh... hrm. Nevermind.

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 21, 2001, 06:25 PM

Well,

I downloaded switchres and it certainly showed more resolutions, but not the one I know is buried somewhere, 1072x600...I noticed and "import" function, clicked it and a window came up named unattached monitors and the window was blank (empty)....Am I supposed to fill this window up with drivers and if so, from where?

Forum Links
Forum Rules