Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > OS 9.1 and PPP

OS 9.1 and PPP
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 3, 2001, 03:47 PM

I'm trying to set up an internet account with Prodigy. When I open the TCP/IP control panel I don't see "connect via PPP". I see "PPP slot 0". I keep getting error messages in Outlook Express that say I have a "strange network error" and I can't connect with the server. Explorer won't connect either. Anyone have any suggestions? What the heck is "PPP slot 0"?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mac Elite
Feb 5, 2001, 03:59 PM

I don't know what PPP slot 0 is, but here are some general things you can try: try deleting MacTCP DNR from Sys Folder, MacTCP Prep & TCP/IP Prefs from Preferences folder, and zapping PRAM. other than that I don't know... I assume this is dial-up modem internet access? did you have an account before you upgraded to 9.1?

------------------
be happy!
-mac freak

Forum Regular
Feb 9, 2001, 07:03 PM

you down with EPP!

YEAH YOU KNOW ME!

Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2001, 03:35 AM

I had the same problem when I installed AOL 5.0 and then I decided not to use it and uninstalled it. Well, I tried all the possible solutions above, save for "being down w/EPP and there was no fix yet. What I did was reinstall OS 9.1 and then all the problems were solved after setting my settings back in the control panels. I hope this helps out!

Forum Links
Forum Rules