Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > MacOS 9.04 and Microsoft Office 4.2.1

MacOS 9.04 and Microsoft Office 4.2.1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 5, 2000, 10:53 PM

Is there any solution to the problems (noted by both Apple and Microsoft) other than upgrading to Office 98 or downgrading to MacOS 8.X?

Problems: File open and file save menu's don't work!!

Davidarm
Nov 7, 2000, 07:15 PM

I'm running Word 6.0.1 on my Pismo, and it seems to work fine. Both File Open and File Save work like usual. What is the problem supposed to be?

murthys  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 8, 2000, 12:23 AM

By the way, do you have the whole office suite installed or only Word 6.0.1?

The applicaiton opens up normally, however, the problem is that when I click on file open, or save, nothing happens. I don't get any dialog box.

Davidarm
Nov 8, 2000, 01:55 AM

Well, I have both Excel 4.0 and 5.0a. 4.0 ran flawlessly. 5.0a started and ran, including File Open and File Save, but crashed my machine when I tried to exit the application. Powerpoint 5.0 and Project 4.0 wouldn't run because they were missing some files. The only app I use frequently is Word, so since that runs fine I haven't worried much about the other ones.

murthys  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 8, 2000, 10:51 AM

Last night, by accident, I found a solution to the problem. Before I need to use the File Save as or open menus, if i click on the finder and get back to word, it opens up the dialog box. Since everything else seems to be working in word, I can live with this annoyance and I don't have to upgrade to word 98.

Excel 5.0 refuses to start saying a memory problem. Powerpoint seems to be working. Like you, I only use Word mostly, I'm happy.

Your post made me play around with word until I came upon the solution. Thanks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules