Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > wandering control strip

wandering control strip
dwight
Nov 13, 2000, 12:21 AM

when I change resolutions, my control strip parks up where 640x480 is. How can I move it to the bottom. I have tried restarting and various other things.

------------------

Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 13, 2000, 12:58 AM

Try clicking the mouse on the Control Strip tab while holding down the Option Key ,you shoukd be able to drag the control strip where you want it.

Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 13, 2000, 01:03 AM

Try clicking the mouse on the Control Strip tab while holding down the Option Key ,you shoukd be able to drag the control strip where you want it.

Forum Regular
Nov 13, 2000, 03:48 AM

Sorry, Bil207. But what you posted can be misconstrued. It won't work with clicking on the control strip. The mouse button also has to be held down with the option key when dragging the strip. And the dragging has to be done at the point of the strip.

Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2000, 04:51 PM

Hmm... I'm having the same problem when switching between 640x480 and 800x600. I can drag the strip back into place just fine, but the problem usually comes back the next time I switch resolutions. I usually have my control strip in the lower left hand corner of the screen; haven't tried other positions.

dwight
Nov 13, 2000, 05:05 PM

Also, (im on a pc at school right now, so I can't just try it right now) does the option click work to move pop up windows off the bottom of the screen to the sides??

------------------

Mac Elite
Nov 14, 2000, 05:44 PM

Patrick, my experience has been that changing resolutions will shuffle the desktop up a bit. Some people have suggested to write an AppleScript to put things back in their place, but I haven't tried to teach myself how.
Ya gotta applaud those bunnies for sacrificing their hearing just so some guy in Yonkers can have better TV reception.

Forum Regular
Nov 15, 2000, 01:35 AM

Dwight.......The option trick works on the control strip only........ Popup windows will not Pop out from the side!!!!!!
bigbiker

Forum Links
Forum Rules