Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Control + Mouse quits the finder

Control + Mouse quits the finder
Mac Elite
Nov 17, 2000, 06:39 PM

I recently got Norton SystemWorks, and decided I'd run disk doctor, and speed disk (to defrag the hardrive). After I did this, though, something odd happened. Whenever I do the control + mouse to bring up the simulated right click on the desktop, my finder quits. I'm not sure if this was run by an extension or apple script, but if anyone has a clue, I'm all ears. I tried re-running my OS 9.04 (which I installed back in April), but that didn't work. I have a friend with a OS 9.0.4 disk and I'm considering just reinstalling the OS, however, I want to save that as a last resort.

Jim

Lunchbox
Nov 17, 2000, 07:57 PM

Sounds like your contextual menu extention has been corrupted. I'd reccommend trashing the extention and prefs then reinstalling OS9 again.

Todd 
Nov 18, 2000, 05:51 AM

Remember that Macs CAN'T do two things at the same time just like humans.

Mac Elite
Nov 20, 2000, 01:11 AM

I think I'm just going to reinstall the contextual menu extension itself, and the contexual menu folder in the system folder.

Jim

Mac Enthusiast
Nov 20, 2000, 07:27 AM

A key question would seem to be "did you remove Norton before replacing system?"
I haven't receive Norton 6/SystemWorks yet, but i have seen Norton 5 give both iBook and PowerBook(Pismo) sleep dysfunction.
I would be good to know if there is a bug with Norton 6.
Has anyone else had bug develop right after installing SystemWorks?
Pismo 400 192M Sys 9.1

Forum Links
Forum Rules