Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Multiple users and appearance

Multiple users and appearance
Nov 21, 2000, 10:21 PM
I have set up 2 users on my new ibook SE, myself and 1 other. The other user wants to alter the appearance settings but they revert to the owners settings (mine) whe she logs off.

Does anyone know if it is possible for 2 users to have different appearance settings ?

Mac Enthusiast
Nov 22, 2000, 12:38 AM
If you take a look at various forums you will see you are not alone. http://discussions.info.apple.com/

Just look in the OS forum and multiusers. It should work. Mine originally did but it no longer works the way it should. If my users wants to changer appearance it revert back to what they orginally had.
As a man comes, so he departs.
Senior User
Nov 22, 2000, 03:12 PM
AFAIK, this is a problem with the latest version of Multiple Users which Apple is aware of, but, as yet, has not bothered to fix. It didn't used to happen in previous versions of Multiple Users.
Forum Links
Forum Rules