Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > passwords

passwords
Forum Regular
Nov 23, 2000, 12:09 PM

I have inadvertantly set up my computer so that I need my password to log on. I must have set one when I orginally set up the computer over a year ago but have no clue as to what it is now. How can I go about over riding this and resetting it?

Professional Poster
Nov 23, 2000, 12:55 PM

Originally posted by caleach:
I have inadvertantly set up my computer so that I need my password to log on. I must have set one when I orginally set up the computer over a year ago but have no clue as to what it is now. How can I go about over riding this and resetting it?
try booting the machine off a CD-ROM and changing the password. insert the disk and hold down the C or option key (depending on how new your machine is). if you can't do this, try removing the security program from the machine.

-r.

sleach
Nov 23, 2000, 02:35 PM

Well, I've solved part of my problem in that I figured out what password I used. Now, I need to figure out how to disable the feature that asks for a log in upon start-up. Any help would be appreciated.
Steve

Professional Poster
Nov 23, 2000, 05:33 PM

what program were you using?

-r.

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 24, 2000, 06:40 PM

If your using multipole users, through the extention manager disable Panles, and the multi user control panel, and extention

Forum Links
Forum Rules