Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Custom OS UI...?

Custom OS UI...?
Senior User
Oct 30, 2001, 08:22 PM

Will someone please explain this to me...

I have always wondered this...

Everyone loves a good UI right...? and customization of that UI is good too, right?

Alot of people really liked Kaliedoscope...

So why doesnt someone develop a SIMPLE source editable UI ...?

what I mean is something like html or xml based UI... like you use to create a webpage, so then you could create your own OS UI.... using your own skills or downloads from the net...

what I mean is sort of like how a webpage works out... you could design a personal and cool UI from resources in a special folder... images, etc.

I was just at redplanetmovie.com and thought the UI or javascript?? whatever it was, was cool... with floating UI windows and constant visual feedback... a computer experience would be really cool with this...

you could make your own UI interface...

with 10.1 their doesnt seem to be much yet* for really personalizing the UI...

I have seen some brilliant webpages out there... with just awesome UI... and wished I could just use the webpage as my OS UI....

any feedback..????????? please....??

FERRO 2001-2002

Forum Links
Forum Rules