Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > online shopping

online shopping
Frank
Dec 13, 1999, 02:27 AM

After switching from OS 8.6 to OS 9 I have not been able to sucessfully shop online. When I place an item in my shopping cart the store's server says that I have nothing in my cart. I have tried both Communicator 4.7 and AOL's IE (vers. 4.0 and beta 5.0[installed on Monday]). Has anybody else had this problem and does anybody know who to fix it?

[This message has been edited by Frank (edited 12-15-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Frank (edited 12-15-1999).]

Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 13, 1999, 11:39 AM

This isn't a problem with os9. Do you have cookies turned on within your browser? They should be if they aren't!

Frank
Dec 13, 1999, 04:24 PM

I have cookies turned on. The problem only happened when I upgraded to OS 9. What is going on?

Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 15, 1999, 01:25 AM

Frank, Whenever something like this occurs with my applications, i usually just trash the preference file and when i reopen the app, little things like this are corrected. You may have to readjust the setting to your liking after deleting prefs, but that only takes a few seconds and it's worth it to try, let us know how it goes if you do!

Frank
Dec 15, 1999, 04:26 AM

I was pretty sure that the problem was not caused by my preferences file, because it happens on all the web-browsers that I have on my machine. I dumped it just to be sure. I found that it did nothing to correct the problem. I cannot figure this problem out, what is going on?

Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 15, 1999, 04:03 PM

Frank,
Does Netscape Communicator come with a self repair file? I use IE 4.5 and I have had to use it once in a while to fix problems. Maybe that will fix it?

Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 15, 1999, 04:06 PM

Oh yeah, one more thing. I had the same problem when i was using AOL 4.0's browser....I just got rid of AOL and used IE instead. I haven't used Netscape long enough to run into problems so that is all i can suggest. Hope it works!

Forum Links
Forum Rules