Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > error type 2 with 9.2 Startup Disk

error type 2 with 9.2 Startup Disk
cuz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2001, 06:33 PM

Has anyone solved the problem with opening startup Disk in 9.2? Every time I open it, I get a an error type 2 message. This happened all the time when i downloaded the upgrade, but I thought that the problem would disappear when I got my 10.1 upgrade/9.2 full in the mail. I got the upgrade and the full in the mail today and I'm still getting this message. I searched all the past macnn.com threads as well as the Apple K-Base...no luck.

Any Idea? Thanks in advance

-cuz

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: cuz ]
-cuzin

Senior User
Nov 2, 2001, 01:42 PM

Take it easy cuz...
Try this , it may help, then again, it may not...
Find the startup disk app. in the control panels folder in your system folder. Highlight and key command i. Choose "memory" in the "show" options. Boost both "minimum" and "preferred" to 1200k.
Good luck!
Who are the Brain Police?

Forum Links
Forum Rules