Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Chooser keeps forgetting my printer selection

Chooser keeps forgetting my printer selection
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2001, 08:02 PM

I recently trashed all printer preferences and reinstalled the HP 5MP print driver. OS 9.0.4 instructed me to configure the printer using my chooser, which I did. After restarting my Mac, I continue to get a message indicating that the printer needs to be configured in the chooser. I cannot get the message to go away, which means that a necessary file is absent or being deleted from the system folder. Can anybody else help determine why this is happening?

I have re-installed this same driver many times over the past few years troublefree, but OS9 seems to have some conflict recognizing the driver. I do not use my Mac for internet and the battery is fine. What file or files is the chooser writing? How can I verify that the chooser is making the update correctly? As a last ditch solution, is there any way to disable the OS chooser selection screen from appearing? I would appreciate any assistance.

Nov 8, 2001, 03:54 AM

Not sure if this might be helpful:
Do you actually have more than one printer? If not, open the chooser and highlight and delete whatever other printer icons may be there. This might solve your problem. I've heard of it doing just that...

Francesca
That which does not totally confound us, makes us smarter...

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 8, 2001, 10:31 AM

I only have one printer connected to my Mac. When I did the full software reinstall, I also threw away the printer icon and allowed a new one to be established. Thanks for your suggestion!

Forum Links
Forum Rules