Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Mac exploding?

Mac exploding?
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 7, 2001, 07:49 PM

i a newbie and I recently got a blue imac with 225 megahurts and while i was in OS 9 browsing the web i got the bomb message on the CRT. I immeditely unpluged it because I didn't want it to explode their on the desk. what should i do? plug it back in? will it blow up?

<izzle rizzle>
Nov 7, 2001, 07:55 PM

Originally posted by TrixieUNCW:
<STRONG>i a newbie and I recently got a blue imac with 225 megahurts and while i was in OS 9 browsing the web i got the bomb message on the CRT. I immeditely unpluged it because I didn't want it to explode their on the desk. what should i do? plug it back in? will it blow up?</STRONG>
you can't be serious...

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 7, 2001, 07:58 PM

Originally posted by &lt;izzle rizzle&gt;:
<STRONG>

you can't be serious...</STRONG>
i swear, i'm serious. What do I do? Please help? I'm tired of this old eMachines, so should i take it back or what?

Banned
Nov 7, 2001, 07:58 PM

Yeah It'll blow up and kill all your family if you plug it back in... in fact call the bomb squad quickly..

Go On what are ya waiting for..

RUN !!!!

Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2001, 08:05 PM

Just press "Any Key" to continue. What's that, you say? Your computer doesn't have an Any Key? Hmm... this could be serious...

CV

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Mac Elite
Nov 7, 2001, 08:08 PM

Ha ha. Its just a 'bomb', the computer crashed. Consider yourself a mac-crash non-virgin!

Plug it back in and reboot.

<Sniperz4D>
Nov 7, 2001, 08:34 PM

Their's nothing to worry about. All that has happened is your computer has crashed. Simply plug it back in and be on your jolly way.

However, if you want to get rid of those errors, may I suggest Mac OS X from www.apple.com/macosx? Its really cool and WON'T EVER CRASH! Its amazing. Its no Windows XP, but good enough for you.

Mac Elite
Nov 7, 2001, 08:35 PM

225 "megahurts"? So that's how they measure the detonation power of those system error bombs.

This one gets my vote for the MacNN post of the year.

No offense intended to the starter of the thread. (Un)fortunately, iMacs are not explosive devices. Even with FireWire. Just click Restart in the lower right hand corner of the error message. And swear at it a lot.

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 7, 2001, 11:27 PM

Originally posted by TrixieUNCW:
<STRONG>i a newbie and I recently got a blue imac with 225 megahurts and while i was in OS 9 browsing the web i got the bomb message on the CRT. I immeditely unpluged it because I didn't want it to explode their on the desk. what should i do? plug it back in? will it blow up?</STRONG>
Umm, you know, they never made an iMac that was 225 Mhz.. 233,266,333,350,400 and so on. My guess is that you probibly have a 233 Mhz iMac, it will also be known as rev A or rev B depeding on the internal graphics card, ATi rage IIc was in the rev A, ATi rage pro in the rev B, just sort of FYI stuff
\\nn// \\nn//
\_) MetaL (_/

Forum Links
Forum Rules