Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Final Cut Pro 2.0 on OSX

Final Cut Pro 2.0 on OSX
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 14, 2001, 08:35 AM

Final Cut Pro 2.0 requires Mac OS 9.1 or later. However, it says "not certified to run in Mac OS X or in Classic-mode" so does this mean it may or may not work? Has anyone used it in OSX? I just ordered my first mac, a powerbook and I am really interested in the UNIX features that OSX has to offer. I am however also looking at starting some digital video editing. (something I can't really do with my linux box) So does anyone have any tips or suggestions? Thank you.
-Chris

Forum Regular
Nov 14, 2001, 08:51 AM

FCP doesn't work in Mac OS X at all. You'll have to be in OS 9 in order to do anything with video editing. The only option for now until Apple comes out with FCP 3 (From rumors I've heard) is the use iMovie. It'll get you started, then you should be able to moe on to FCP, when it comes out for OS X. I think I've heard about it coming on these boards somewhere in december during a dv expo or januaryish...

Hope that helps out.

D

Senior User
Nov 14, 2001, 07:35 PM

I used it in 0SX.1 and it worked like normal, but no firewire support. So I never tried it again. I like X but I only have iMovie2 of X that does a great/easy job for caputering, but that is the only app in X besides IE. But time will fix that! Also that means X will be tweeked a bit better by the time these apps we want get out.

MM-o4

Professional Poster
Nov 15, 2001, 03:14 PM

How did you get it to work in X? I was not able to, so I have to continually boot back into OS 9 to use Final Cut Pro 2. Perhaps I should just wait for FCP 3 to come out. It's probably going to be somewhat similar to that of Microsoft Office, how they suddenly made a Mac OS X version.
World of Warcraft (Whisperwind - Alliance) <The Eternal Spiral>
Go Dogcows!

Forum Links
Forum Rules