Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > DW extension and Control Strip Extension

DW extension and Control Strip Extension
Mac Elite
Apr 18, 2000, 12:33 PM

Has anyone besides me had conflicts with the DiskWarrior extension? If I have it in the extensins file, and have the Control Strip extension and Control Panel active, the result is a crash. This is on a G4 AGP 400 MHz running OS 9.04.
And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

Professional Poster
Apr 18, 2000, 12:51 PM

i believe that the extesnion has been updated to address this issue and maybe others... http://www.Alsoft.com/DiskWarrior/support.html
do you have the latest version?

yoyo52  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 18, 2000, 05:48 PM

I have verson 2.02, which is the most recent one, so the problem is not with an early version--wish it was!
And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 20, 2000, 02:06 PM

Hi all:

From my own long and bitter [okay, just kidding :-)] experience with the CS Extension, it seems to be rather finicky about memory conditions, especially when VM is On. [Although, on my older beige PM G3/266/128MB-RAM/129MB-VM under Mac OS 9.0.4, the DW and CS extensions do get along well together.]

Assuming that your problem isn't G4-specific [how I yearn for the day when I can have one of those :-)] or caused by mildly corrupted preference files, it may not actually be related to the DW extension per se, but rather to some accidental conflict in the system heap (perhaps even due to a combination with some other extension). If you haven't already tried this, see if running with just a {'Base' + DW extension} set eliminates the problem; also, try reducing the number of active CS modules to just your essential ones, and rebooting.

Otherwise, if you haven't already searched the other major forums [fora?], try hunting in the PowerMac G3,G4s Forum here on MacNN, or over in MacFixIt's Troubleshooting Mac OS 9.0.x Forum, or over in Apple's own Mac OS Discussion Forum or PowerMac Discussion Forum.

Good luck,

--Paul

[This message has been edited by Paul Crawford (edited 04-20-2000).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules