Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > iTunes and Multiple Users

iTunes and Multiple Users
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 12, 2001, 04:38 PM

I want my wife and I to have different playlists using iTunes and Multiple users. It seems iTunes isn't smart enough to go to the users 'Documents' folder , but instead goes to the main documents folder which my wife does not have permission (iTunes reports a locked folder error)

Anybody get this to work???

john montgomery
Feb 21, 2001, 01:20 PM

I have also had the a similar problem, which I have not fully worked out how to get around. But in my case iTunes start fine, but if you quite and go back in it reports that the iTunes library file is locked. I guess it's not unlocking the correct file when it quits.

Forum Regular
Mar 20, 2001, 09:03 AM

Same problems here. I've tried changing the sharing status for the documents folder, and for the iTunes folder inside. No luck so far.

I would hate to have to duplicate all those mp3's just so the kids could listen to them on their limited user acct.

------------------

Forum Links
Forum Rules