Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Why Does My Mac beep at me?

Why Does My Mac beep at me?
Feb 13, 2001, 04:27 AM

Hi all

My prob is that every so often My G4 duel 450 Beeps at me. No window pops up, To tell me any reason why it beeped at me. Have looking At sound Cont panel nothing is triping it in there. So I have no idea Why..... Any help would be nice. Please if you can help Explain it like your talk to your mom over the phone.....

Satan

------------------

Clinically Insane
Feb 13, 2001, 04:35 AM

When your Mac 'beeps', check the Applications menu (aka process menu) in the top right hand corner of your screen - see if any applications listed have a diamond next to them. If so, they need your attention (error dialog most likely, except something like AIM which does that to show new messages ).

Does it by any chance happen every half/quarter hour? You may have your clock set to chime every so-often. Check your "Date and Time" control panel, under the "Clock Options" button (bottom right corner of the window. The aforementioned options are in the right-hand pane of the Clock Options window.
HTH

Cipher13

Satan  (op)
Feb 13, 2001, 04:40 AM

Hi all

Thanks alot I got it fixed. Was Set to Chime one the Hour. It must of came from the Factory like that I Did not Set it.... Any way thanks!

Clinically Insane
Feb 13, 2001, 04:46 AM

Glad to be of assistance
For future reference, after buying a computer, generally you should format it, and clean install... always the best way to go, clear the settings and whatnot already on there.

Cipher13

Forum Links
Forum Rules