Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Strangest Thing....

Strangest Thing....
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 15, 2001, 12:27 AM

Hey ya'll, i was just clicking around tonight on my Lombard running OS9.1 with 320 megs of RAM and i was IM'ing and i switched apps, and suddenly, my fonts for the menu's were all in bold!! and i can't change it back to regular, and my sound died on me, no matter how high i turn up the sound, it's always muted, and i can't even unmute it using the shortcut key. Does anyone know what's going on here? Any help would be appreciated! :-)

Banned
Feb 15, 2001, 01:03 AM

Ok, the bolding of all text on the system is normal, well sorta. It's a known bug in AIM that AOL has yet to address. That is, IF they ever address it. A restart will fix it right up.

About your problems with sound, I dunno. I have a Pismo and I have never had that problem. Can someone help him out?

------------------
Eggegg.

Clinically Insane
Feb 15, 2001, 02:17 AM

Open AppleWorks, then quit it.
Or if its open, hit Apple-Q, then cancel when/if it asks you to save your work.
That'll fix your menus.

As for sound, delete your Sound preferences.

Cipher13

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 18, 2001, 11:39 PM

My Pismo had pretty much the same sound problem once. I wasn't running IM or anything, but the sound died when I inserted a DVD movie. When I ejected the movie, re-inserted it, then restarted the DVD player, the sound came back on. I still haven't figured that one out!

Clinically Insane
Feb 19, 2001, 02:28 AM

Hm... that could be the Sound Manager version - some cause problems. What version do you have?

Cipher13

Forum Links
Forum Rules