Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > MSN

MSN
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 15, 2001, 01:28 PM

I am on a G4, 400mhz, 320megs RAM.

One day MSN decided not to work. When I click on "Click here to log on" I get a pop-up telling me I do not have enough memory to run such an application.

Any help is appreciated!

Forum Regular
Feb 15, 2001, 09:25 PM

Well, that is really not too much info to go on. Did you try deleating the application and the preferences then reinstalling it? Did you go to "get info" and increase the allocated memory for the application? Other than that, it is going to be hard to tell any further. Sorry

Sup Foo  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 16, 2001, 03:20 PM

Yes to both. Tried increasing the memory for the application, tried to reinstall and to no avail. I still get the same pop-up, "You do not have enough memory to perform such a function."

I aslo consulted the online MSN for Mac FAQ, and it mentions nothing of this.

Basically, MSN is able to open, but it won't let me log on! I can't see the people or my contact list nor can I talk to them.

Any help appreciated!

iMacManiac
Feb 19, 2001, 04:40 PM

Try trashing your MSN messenger preferences in the preferences folder of the system folder. That might do the trick.

-Tom

Forum Links
Forum Rules