Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Extension Mgr type 2 error & freezes on restart

Extension Mgr type 2 error & freezes on restart
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 15, 2001, 07:41 PM

Hey all-

I am using a G4 500 AGP, and I have not been able to narrow down why my system consistently crashes every single time I restart or shutdown. I thought upgrading to 9.1 might help, but now I just can't launch the extension manager without it quitting (type 2 error). I have 9.0.4 bare bones version installed on another partition, and that works fine (use it as my classic for OSXPB), I can boot to it, and shutdown without a crash. I am connected to a home ethernet network (linksys router), and a DSL modem. Another problem I had was that right-clicking would consistently quit whatever app was in front, disabling contextual menus fixed that, but obviously I now can't use CMs. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated....

Lee
iPhone 3G 16Gb
24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac, 4GB/320GB/256MB
12" AlBook 1Ghz/768Mb/80Gb/Combo/AX

ekoelbel
Feb 20, 2001, 06:16 PM

yuck. have you tried booting in with extensions off and trashing the extension manager preferences? maybe they are corrupted.

Forum Regular
Feb 20, 2001, 06:58 PM

Shift- boot and then give Ext. manager more memory.

Forum Links
Forum Rules