Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Quicktime Preview 3???

Quicktime Preview 3???
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 15, 2001, 09:18 PM

I downloaded it just fine today at work. but now from home, it's not working. The Apple site keeps saying "you haven't selected an OS" when I click on download. I've got Mac selected and have even entered my email. Anyone know of a Mirror that has it? I don't wanna keep my G4 on 2/14/01 for the next week.
Dual 2.0 G5/2.5GB/ATI 9800 Pro | MacBook Pro 2.16 Gore Duo/2GB/ATI X1600

SG3
Feb 15, 2001, 10:41 PM

It's the exact opposite for me! Fine at home but at work it refuses to retrieve the file! That same page just keeps loading up...could it be that it's trying to open up on another port no.?

I get the same problem when trying to run the Quicktime web installer- it thinks that I haven't got a net connection...must be the firewall setup or something related to that, but I need the details first...

mrchin  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 15, 2001, 10:44 PM

I saw somewhere that firewall may block it. But I turned it off and still the same problem.
Dual 2.0 G5/2.5GB/ATI 9800 Pro | MacBook Pro 2.16 Gore Duo/2GB/ATI X1600

Forum Links
Forum Rules