Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Installing OS 9.1 on OS 7.5.2

Installing OS 9.1 on OS 7.5.2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 17, 2001, 04:04 PM

Im having trouble installing OS 9.1 onto my fiance's machine (powermac 7500, 100 MHz, 144 MB Ram, 1 gig HD with 413 MB free). According to the installer, she has enough harddrive space free. The problem arises when the system reboots from the CD...it says that we need to boot the system FROM THE CD even though we just did (you can tell because the background pattern says CD). Anyone have this problem before? Better yet, can anyone offer a suggestion as to how to fix this? Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!

Fellow mac person and recent peecee convert,
-- smashedapart
/.smashedapart
---
"Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system!"

Clinically Insane
Feb 17, 2001, 08:07 PM

I don't Apple imagined anyone would be updating from MacOS 7.5 all the way up to MacOS 9.1.

Have you tried updateing to a newer MacOS, say MacOS 8.5. Then Update to 9.1 from the 8.5?
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Forum Regular
Feb 18, 2001, 10:14 PM

You will never be able to install OS 9.1 from 7.5. No way is that going to happen. The thing is that Mac OS 9.1 is an upgrade from OS 9.0/9.04 and you will have to purchase the full install of OS 9.0 at least for the installer to work or to have it installed on your system.

Feb 19, 2001, 03:11 PM

What CD are you booting from?

Forum Links
Forum Rules