I am planing to run 3 OS smoothly in a single HD:
1 for OS 9.1 (5GB, upgrade to OSX),
1 for OS 9.1 (2GB, so I can run exist software w/o classic in OSX),
1 for OS 9.0.4 (1GB, install ton of junks, playing inside its system folder and for some other experimental thing).
Right now, I have 2 OS (9.1 & 9.0.4) inside 2 volume by using Drive Setup and having some minor problems, Please help me out:
1. Desktop show up 2 set of alias, (1 set from '9.1' disk, 1 set from '9.0.4' disk) no matter which is startup disk is chosen. I want desktop only display the alias w/ Original inside startup disk. Is it possible? In other word, each desktop is different.
2. Is it possible to initialize just 1 volume inside a 1 drive with Drive Setup?
3. Is 'Zero all data' better? Will it speed up the OS? Beside 'Zero all data', how can I del all the invisible files?
4. What is the best way to install multi-OS in a single drive going to have 5+ volume?
5. When I first started up my mac, I got a fancy welcome setup page (welcome in many language flying to your face, remember?) how can I access to that page again?
6 ??? I don't know what should I ask, this is my 1st time 'format' a mac, any tips?