Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > System error

System error
JayL
Apr 1, 2000, 02:02 PM

I have an iMac DV which has been working beautifully. However, when I go to boot up, I get an error message "system error occured "Time Synchronizer" error type 41.

What do I do?

Forum Regular
Apr 1, 2000, 04:07 PM

Is the Time Synchronizer extension enabled?

Clinically Insane
Apr 1, 2000, 09:00 PM

Replace the Finder. That should fix it (from my experience anyway). A 41 is Finder corruption. On my computer I can drag the Finder from my system CD to the System Folder and everythings OK - you can't do this with the iMacs and their system disks. Re-install the system, and it will go away. I don't think there is anything wrong with the extension it is blaming. Try booting extensions off - it will still happen. If it does happen, replace system. If not, I guess I was wrong.

Senior User
Nov 14, 2000, 12:27 PM

Originally posted by JayL:
I have an iMac DV which has been working beautifully. However, when I go to boot up, I get an error message "system error occured "Time Synchronizer" error type 41.

What do I do?
Hi Jay,

Did you have to reinstall the system folder to make the problem go away? Did you "Restore in Place" or "Clean Install?"

My iMac is having the same problem ( tried replacing the time synchronizer extension and date and time control panel to no avail)

Trout
Nov 14, 2000, 12:58 PM

Just get rid of the damn thing, it probably conflicts wth another extension. If you have a good wristwatch you don't have any need for it

Clinically Insane
Nov 15, 2000, 02:10 AM

WTF?
Why'd you resurrect this thread?
HOLY SH!T, thats my first post as a registered user!!!
1825 posts ago... damn...

Cipher13

[This message has been edited by Cipher13 (edited 11-15-2000).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules