Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Copying from AudioCD to Finder

Copying from AudioCD to Finder
P7A77
Dec 8, 1999, 02:30 PM

Is there a way to copy AudioCD files to the finder? The main purpose is to collect songs from different discs to burn CD mixes. I know I could just have the burner request every disc as needed, but that can become a headache rather quickly, and I don't trust disc-swapping so much. A friend said something about a "CD Ripper", but I couldn't find anything on that.

Any help is appreciated.

-P7

Forum Regular
Dec 8, 1999, 03:01 PM

Adaptec' Toast Audio Extractor that comes with Toast does the trick.

------------------
You do not really understand something unless you can explain
it to your grandmother."
- Albert Einstein
You do not really understand something unless you can explain
it to your grandmother."
- Albert Einstein

Mac Elite
Dec 9, 1999, 03:48 AM

I'm not sure, but won't Quicktime work? That's what I use when I make mp3's from my CD's.

"Sing it again, rookie beyach."
My website

P7A77
Dec 9, 1999, 09:29 AM

Well, the toast extracter worked. Thanks. I guess I should've looked into that. Tho' it seems it puts it through some conversion process, which probably takes just as long as SoundJam takes to convert to AIFF. *shrug* No big deal, really. Both seemed to work well. Thanks.

As to QuickTime... I don't have Pro, and the player doesn't seem to have that featre. Hmm.

-P7

Dec 12, 1999, 06:45 AM

"Tho' it seems it puts it through some conversion process, which probably takes just as long as SoundJam takes to convert to AIFF. "

It takes just as long because the two programs are doing exactly the same thing: extracting the file from CD and putting it on your hard drive. SoundJam's wording is misleading when it comes to the AIFF "rip." There's no real encoding going on in this process, unless you later decide to convert to MP3.

Forum Links
Forum Rules