Has anyone gotten MacOS 9, IE 4.5, and an XclaimVR 128 to work together? IE crashes everytime. I've replaced everything, removed prefs, extensions etc. I did find that there is an extension conflict with the ATI Graphics Accelerator. If I remove it, IE works, but there is no 2d acceleration. I replaced these extensions with the ones from the MacOS 9 CD. I tried it on IE 4.01 but that didn't work either. I heard somewhere that if I replace OpenGL with an older 1.0.1 version some problems disappear. But, I removed the OpenGL extensions and tried it and it still has the same problem.
Trashing every pref file related to internet, explorer, and internet explorer works a litte. You can browse in IE without trouble but you mess with the prefs or move the window or resize the window it crashes. I really need an answer to this question if at all possible.
PowerMac G3 266 (beige)
ATI Xclaim VR 128