Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Startup DiskFirstAid stalls reboot

Startup DiskFirstAid stalls reboot
davidf01
Jan 14, 2000, 05:04 PM

Selecting DFA to automatically run at startup after a system crash is nice but ... it generates a modal dialog box which stalls the rest of the bootup sequence.

Is there a way to have DFA run without this dbx notification (though a log file of the event would be great).

I havent checked, but it would be nice if the CP which runs it had an AppleScript API (though I dont think this would help because the Applescipt libs load *after* this process runs).

thanx: dlf

------------------
david faibish
CTO
intermedia development
613 232 7000 X2
guru@quex.net

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 14, 2000, 06:09 PM

The dialog will clear by its self if you just let it alone, I'm not sure how long it takes, less than a minute I think.

James Wall
rtb.ink@mindspring.com
James Wall
rtb.ink@mindspring.com

Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 15, 2000, 01:18 AM

It's longer than a minute, I think... I've never actually timed it, but it sure SEEMS longer than a minute.

Honestly, how hard would it be to have it automatically continue the boot process after checking the disk?

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 15, 2000, 07:30 AM

It's two minutes...unless you click OK, it stays then goes away after the two-minute "stall".
Someone wrote a ResEdit hack to change it (time) but I don't remember the name. Check:
http://www.resexcellence.com

Scott

Forum Links
Forum Rules