Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > New ATI Card for G4

New ATI Card for G4
dmend
Jan 18, 2000, 11:36 AM

I happen to get my hands on the new ATI card that is now shipping with the current G4s. However, I did not get the CD containing the drivers for it. I can run the card in 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768 using the drivers on my computer. Any ideas on where I can get the proper drivers so I can use the card in higher resolutions? I have a G4/450.

bluefire 529
Jan 18, 2000, 04:54 PM

What is the size of your monitor? That will determine the maximum resolution you can use, no matter how powerful of a graphics card you have. If you know your monitor supports resolutions higher than what you are able to choose from, the best place for ATI drivers is:
http://support.atitech.ca/drivers/xclaim.html

These drivers, however, are for retail version of their cards. If you read the all the documentation on that page, and are willing to take a chance, these are the latest drivers for ATI's cards (v. 4.20). Otherwise, try giving Apple's tech/customer support a call and see if they can help you out.

Good luck!

dmend
Jan 18, 2000, 06:39 PM

My monitor can handle resolution far higher then 1024x768. I agree the ATI drivers for the retail version of their cards could help, but also could kill the computer. You really think Apple is going to help me? I did not get it from them, so I would guess they would hang up on me. Thanks for the help.

Forum Links
Forum Rules